Saturday, June 24, 2006

Finance 101: CAPM, Active v/s Passive Fund Management

CAPM
During my Introduction to Corporate Finance course, I got interested in CAPM dervied by Dr. William Sharpe. I wanted to know the crux of it in detail and I found an excellent article mentioned below. This article describes the fundamental of CAPM...

Capital Asset Pricing Model

Active Fund Management v/s Passive Fund Management
During my course work @ Haas I was explained by my professor that in "long term an actively managed fund cannot beat a passively managed indexed fund". He explained me the rational behind it in details and I kind a nod my head stating that I understood it very well. However, I was puzzled by this statement and wanted to know the arithmetic behind it. Here again Dr. William Sharpe came to my rescue. I found a nice paper by Dr. Sharpe that gives mathematical rational behind those statments utterred by my professor.

The article can be downloaded by clicking the following link
The Arithmetic of Active Management

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The maximum upward moment on short term interest rate is 25 basis points, if at all there is any upward moment. However, history has shown us that this rosed interest rates cannot sustain for long time.
georgia pawn shops

5:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

PMI, in any other case generally known as exclusive home loan insurance coverage, can be and also has been a levy discount for your earlier many years. If you are spending PMI-100 insurance premiums in colaboration with your house personal loan take a look article to see if you you might be eligible to the particular discount.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home